- Available in clear, bronze tint, grey tint and opal (white)
- Lengths: 1.8m 2.4m, 2.7m, 3.0m, 3.6m, 4.2m, 4.8m, 5.4m, 6.0m and 7.2m
- Can cut to exact length (delivery only)
- SUNCOVER available in corrugate, STARCOVER in corrugate, Greca and 5-Rib
- 0.8mm thickness
- SUNCOVER 0.04mm, STARCOVER 0.06mm UV protective coating co-extruded
- SUNCOVER 99.5%, STARCOVER 99.9% UV protection within UV wavelength 290nm-400nm
- Chemical name: Polycarbonate (poly-bisphenol-a-carbonate)
- Thermal conductivity: 0.2 W/m C
- UV-coating material: SABIC LEXAN EX7681T combined with SABIC LEXAN SLX1432T
- Thermal expansion: 6.5 x 10(-5) cm/cm degC
- Tensile strength: 630 kg/cm2
- Flexural strength: 920 kg/cm2
- Afterflame time: <30 sec
SUNCOVER polycarbonate roofing sheets have a 10 year warranty and STARCOVER has a 15 year warranty as specified below. This warranty is provided by Sunnyside Limited and is from the date of delivery.
Under this warranty the liability of Sunnyside Limited is limited to the replacement or pro-rata replacement of the faulty material . It does not cover costs associated with the replacement of sheets, or any loss or consequential damage. Proof of purchase is required and an inspection by Sunnyside Limited may be necessary before removal.
As part of the ‘110% money back’ scheme, if the product fails within one year of delivery the customer shall be entitled to a full replacement or 110% of the original purchase price refunded.
SUNCOVER and STARCOVER is not covered under warranty if the installation and care instructions available from Sunnyside Limited are not adhered to.
SUNCOVER and STARCOVER warranty scope:
- Yellowing of the sheet surface: In accordance with the standard test of ASTM D1925, the yellowing index should remain at or below 3 within 3 years, and remain at or below 10 within 10 years for SUNCOVER and 15 within 15 years for STARCOVER.
- Fracturing by hailstones of up to 15mm in diameter for SUNCOVER and 25mm for STARCOVER accompanied by winds of up to 75km/hr for the first 10 years.
- The UV protection is evenly coated, at 0.04mm thick for SUNCOVER and 0.06mm thick for STARCOVER, on the sheet surface using advanced co-extrusion UV layer accumulation technology. The material is a high temperature type 12% Benzotriazole (UV-ray absorbing agent).
- Ultraviolet ray penetrability in a wave length of 300nm should be less than 0.5% for SUNCOVER and 0.1% for STARCOVER.
- Based on the standard test of ASTM D1003, the sheets should have 90% of the original percentage of light transmittance after 10 years for SUNCOVER and 85% after 15 years for STARCOVER.